Each year, Ascension students, age 4-years through 8th-grade from our church and school, plant and grow tomato seeds beginning in February. The annual tomato sale at Ascension provides our students with opportunities to:
- Develop a sense of marketing and business practices
- Discover the basics of gardening
- Learn to care for creation and eat healthily
- Identify intersection points with science, math, writing and religion curriculum
- Raise funds to support our Organic Teaching Garden
- Build community amongst other students, school families, church members and the wider Conejo Valley
Join us for this year’s Tomato Sale – happening on Earth Day Weekend!
Friday, April 20, 2:30-5:30 PM (with farm animals onsite!), Saturday, April 21, 5:30-7:30, and
Sunday, April 22, 9:00-1:30 (with a picnic lunch at noon).
With 35 varieties of tomatoes available, we have developed a helpful guide to help you decide! Check out the 2018 Tomato Variety Descriptions.