Weekly Themed Camps – June 10- August 16
Camp Hours 9:00 a.m.- 3:00 p.m.
Extended Care 7:30-9:00 a.m. & 3:00-5:30 p.m. (additional cost – $3/half hour)
This summer your children can enjoy enriching adventures, engaging activities and lasting friendships in the safe and loving environment of Ascension Lutheran School. Here are some important things to know about camp this year:
- Open to campers incoming grades TK-9, (participants must turn 5 by 12/31/2019)
- Age-appropriate activities with advancing skill levels for older campers and Counselor In Training (CIT) curriculum for grades 6-9
- Bring a packed lunch to camp each day
- Whole week rate $245/ Daily rate $65 (download registration form below for additional fee details)
Modifications to your selected dates must be confirmed with the camp director by the Friday before the modified week.
Please call (805) 496-2419 with any questions or to request a registration form.
Summer Staycation 2019 Available Weeks:
- June 10-14: Full S.T.E.A.M. Ahead! (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Math)
- June 17-21: Wild Water Works
- June 24-28: Animal Planet
- July 1-5: Around the World
- July 8-12: Disney Extreme
- July 15-19: Summer Camp Out
- July 22-26: Shark Week
- July 29- August 2: Sports Center
- August 5-9: Vacation Bible School – Superheroes of the Bible
- August 12-16: Dizzy Disney (princesses, Star Wars, and more!)
In addition to exciting activities centered around the week’s theme, each week will incorporate S.T.E.A.M learning components, community service projects, and faith-building activities, as well as on-site activities and field trips to complement the themes.
Each day will provide some familiar structure for campers while introducing fresh new activities:
- Nutrition and Free Play
- Lunch Time
- Free Play
- Wrap Up
Activities will be customized based on age groupings of camp attendees.
This year, we are excited to be offering a Counselor in Training (CIT) program for middle-grade participants (incoming 6th-9th). These campers will be asked to complete an application and will be given leadership opportunities to assist with Staycation in alignment with their interests and gifts. Our CIT participants will develop leadership goals, public speaking skills, and begin building their resume. Download the CIT Flyer
Sommer Barwick (firstname.lastname@example.org) is the Director for Summer Staycation. She is ecstatic to be part of the Ascension Lutheran family where she can combine her love for Christ and kids! Mrs. Barwick is an experienced educator teaching computer and technology skills and has worked as a paraeducator for students preschool-12th grade with special needs. Prior to that, Sommer served as a public servant for almost 20 years, creating public policy and providing community services for all ages, including serving at the Executive level. Sommer earned her Master of Public Administration degree from CSUN, along with her Bachelor of Sociology degree with a Minor in Business Administration from California Lutheran University. Sommer loves being actively involved in the community with sports, church, and non-profit organizations. She has served as the director for multiple summer camps She has planned an exciting summer packed full of fun adventures that all children will love! Sommer and her enthusiastic staff will ensure that campers have a fantastic time growing, learning, and playing in a positive Christian environment!