Choosing the Right School for You – Ascension Lutheran School is hosting its 4th annual “High School Fair” on Thursday, October 24, from 7:00-8:00 PM in Founder’s Hall. This is a great opportunity to get information on private, public, and online high schools as you determine which school is the right fit for you! This event is open to our school families, church families, and the community. Come and take advantage of this great opportunity to explore over a dozen high schools in a short time frame!
High Schools in Attendance: Oaks Christian, La Reina, Louisville, Crespi, Chaminade, Vista Del Real Charter, Century Academy School, Newbury Park High School, Thousand Oaks High School, Westlake High School, Villanova Prep, Grace Brethren, La Reina, Saint Bonaventure High School, Hillcrest Christian.
Each year, Ascension students, age 4-years through 8th-grade from our church and school, plant and grow tomato seeds beginning in February. The annual tomato sale at Ascension provides our students with opportunities to:
- Develop a sense of marketing and business practices
- Discover the basics of gardening
- Learn to care for creation and eat healthily
- Identify intersection points with science, math, writing and religion curriculum
- Raise funds to support our Organic Teaching Garden
- Build community amongst other students, school families, church members and the wider Conejo Valley
Join us for this year’s Tomato Sale – happening on Earth Day Weekend!
Friday, April 20, 2:30-5:30 PM (with farm animals onsite!), Saturday, April 21, 5:30-7:30, and
Sunday, April 22, 9:00-1:30 (with a picnic lunch at noon).
With 35 varieties of tomatoes available, we have developed a helpful guide to help you decide! Check out the 2018 Tomato Variety Descriptions.
A Special Invitation for all Future TK and Kindergarten Students
Monday, April 23 from 8:30-9:30 at Ascension Lutheran School
Summer is quickly approaching and you will likely be looking for ways to keep your little ones engaged and entertained for the coming months. What better way to expand their love of reading than to stock up on great books? Whether they are reading on their own or enjoying story time with you, we encourage you to make reading an inviting activity for them this summer! To get you started, our elementary teachers provided a few of their favorite book recommendations for young readers. Look for these titles and many more at The Happy Camper Book Fair May 18-24!
- Recommendations from our Kindergarten Teachers
- The Salamander Room by Anne Mazer
- Bob and Otto by Robert O. Bruel
- Ish by Peter H Reynolds
- Louise and Andie: the Art of Friendship by Kelly Light
- Peace is an Offering by Annette LeBox
- Beautiful by Stacy McAnulty,
- Enemy Pie by Derek Munson,
- The Big Red Tractor and the Little Village by Francis Chan,
- Du Iz Tak by Carson Ellis
- I took the Moon For a Walk by Carolyn Curtis
- Recommendations from our 1st-Grade Teacher
- Recommendations from our 2nd-Grade Teacher
- Recommendations from our 3rd-Grade Teacher
- The Chronicles of Narnia series by C.S. Lewis
- American Girl series
- I Survived series by Lauren Tarshis
- The Little House series by Laura Ingalls Wilder
- Fortunately the Milk by Neil Gaiman
- Bunnicula series by James Howe
- Who am I? “Bobblehead” Biographies
- Geronimo and Thea Stilton series
- All picture books by Peter H. Reynolds, Kevin Henkes, and Amy Krouse Rosenthal
- Recommended Authors: Roald Dahl, Kate DiCamillo, Katherine Applegate, Gail Gibbon
- Recommendations from our 4th-Grade Teacher
Donated by The Yvonne Miller Family.
- World-class property in beautiful Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
- 12,000 square foot oceanfront villa
- Chambermaids, houseman, and English speaking concierge
- Infinity pool
- Koi ponds, tropical gardens, and waterfall
- Private cinema with an art deco bar, WIFI, Netflix and satellite system
- Unlimited calling to US and Canada
Four night stay for up to 12 guests—July through October 2017 based on availability. Children over the age of eight are welcome. Airfare not included.
Relax by the Infinity pool, tropical gardens, and elegant dining room. Enjoy the entire villa, seven bedrooms, two en-suite spas, private cinema, WIFI, Koi ponds, and fountains. Elevator to all levels. Private chef, transportation to and from villa, tours and spa treatments can be easily arranged for additional fee.
What skills are important for kindergarten readiness?
Would your child benefit from a transitional kindergarten year?
What are factors you should consider when selecting a kindergarten?
Kindergarten Exploration Night is an excellent opportunity to get answers to these and other questions you might have as you also get a glimpse of the wonderful world of kindergarten!
Thursday, January 19, 2017, 5:30-7:00 PM at Ascension Lutheran School, 1600 E. Hillcrest Drive, Thousand Oaks