Weekly Themed Camps – June 10- August 16
This summer your children can enjoy enriching adventures, engaging activities and lasting friendships in the safe and loving environment of Ascension Lutheran School. Here are some important things to know about camp this year:
- Camp hours are from 9:00 AM-3:00 PM
- Registration Fee $45,
- Whole Week Rate: $245 Day Rate: $65
- Extended care is provided in the mornings from 7:30-9:00 AM and 3:00-5:30 PM for an additional charge.
- Fees $3.00 per 1/2 hour.
- Extended Care will be charged through TADS.
- Campers will be signed into extended care at 3:00 if pickup has not arrived.
- For late pickup after 5:30 there will be a charge of $10 per 15 minutes.
- Campers will need to bring their own sack lunch each day. A small snack will be provided each day.
- Campers need to wear closed toe shoes. No sandals, flip flops, slippers, etc.
- Sunscreen – each child must provide their own sunscreen with name written on container.
- To change or sign up for additional days, a new registration form must be filled out and submitted 2 weeks in advance.
- NO REFUND IF CAMPER DOES NOT ATTEND ON A REGISTERED DAY
Please call (805) 496-2419 with any questions.
Summer Staycation 2019 Available Weeks:
- June 10-14: Full S.T.E.A.M. Ahead! (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Math)
- June 17-21: Wild Water Works
- June 24-28: Animal Planet
- July 1-5: Around the World
- July 8-12: Disney Extreme
- July 15-19: Summer Camp Out
- July 22-26: Shark Week
- July 29- August 2: Sports Center
- August 5-9: Register for Vacation Bible School – Superheroes of the Bible at Ascension Lutheran Church. (extended care option available).
- August 12-16: Dizzy Disney (princesses, Star Wars, and more!)
In addition to exciting activities centered around the week’s theme, each week will incorporate S.T.E.A.M learning components, community service projects, and faith-building activities, as well as on-site activities and field trips to complement the themes.
Each day will provide some familiar structure for campers while introducing fresh new activities:
- Nutrition and Free Play
- Lunch Time
- Free Play
- Wrap Up
Activities will be customized based on age groupings of camp attendees.
This year, we are excited to be offering a Counselor in Training (CIT) program for middle-grade participants (incoming 6th-9th). These campers will be asked to complete an application and will be given leadership opportunities to assist with Staycation in alignment with their interests and gifts. Our CIT participants will develop leadership goals, public speaking skills, and begin building their resume. Download the CIT Flyer
Sommer Barwick (email@example.com) is the Director for Summer Staycation. She is ecstatic to be part of the Ascension Lutheran family where she can combine her love for Christ and kids! Mrs. Barwick is an experienced educator teaching computer and technology skills and has worked as a paraeducator for students preschool-12th grade with special needs. Prior to that, Sommer served as a public servant for almost 20 years, creating public policy and providing community services for all ages, including serving at the Executive level. Sommer earned her Master of Public Administration degree from CSUN, along with her Bachelor of Sociology degree with a Minor in Business Administration from California Lutheran University. Sommer loves being actively involved in the community with sports, church, and non-profit organizations. She has served as the director for multiple summer camps She has planned an exciting summer packed full of fun adventures that all children will love! Sommer and her enthusiastic staff will ensure that campers have a fantastic time growing, learning, and playing in a positive Christian environment!
Staycation is the flexible and fun summer solution for your children! They can enjoy enriching adventures, engaging activities and lasting friendships in the same safe and loving environment that you trust throughout the year. This year we are pleased to include enrichment activities including Science Madness, Summer Homesteading, Young Rembrandts’ Art Classes, TGA Premier Sports Class, Bounce Houses, Field Trips and more! Here are some important things to know about camp this year:
- Weekly themed camps will run June 12 – Aug 25
- Available for students incoming grades K -8 (including Ascension’s Seedlings program), and ALECC graduating 4’s
- Camp hours: 7:00 a.m.–6:00 p.m., Monday thru Friday
- Weekly Rate: $250, Daily Rate: $75, and Hourly: $10
- $45/child registration fee before April 14 and $60 after April 14—includes 2 t-shirts and a camp bag!
- Bring a packed lunch to camp each day (snacks will be provided)
- Campers need to wear closed toed shoes. No sandals, flip flops, slippers, etc.
- Sunscreen – each child must provide their own sunscreen with name written on container
- Campers attending Session #7 (July 24-28) will automatically be enrolled in Ascension’s Vacation Bible School!
- No camp on July 4
- Field trips on select days!
- We will have staff on campus to provide supervision and activities for those that will not go on field trips.
- Age Requirement – The camper must be going into 1st grade (or older) to attend field trips
- There is no additional cost for most field trips. (however, there is a $15 transportation fee per field trip)
- Permission slips and $15 transportation fees need to be turned in one week before the field trip in order to secure a seat for the field trip. Any child without a permission slip turned in will not be able to attend the field trip
- Campers must have a lunch packed with a water bottle for field trips
- Wear camp shirts on field trip days!
- The list of field trips will be finalized by May 26, 2017
Reserve your child’s spot in Summer Staycation today!
Updated June 1 – View a sample schedule of a fun-filled week at Summer Staycation! (activities subject to change)
- Welcome: June 12-16
- Star Wars: June 19-23
- H2O: June 26-30
- Ninja: July 3-7
- Sports: July 10-14
- Fairy Tale Crusade: July 17-21
- Vacation Bible School: July 24-28 (campers will automatically be enrolled in Ascension’s Vacation Bible School, “Makers Fun Factory”, which runs from 9:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m. each day. Staycation will be from 8-9 a.m. and 12-6 p.m.)
- H2O: July 31 – August 4
- Animal: August 7-11
- Disney: August 14-18
- H2O: August 21-25
Students at Ascension Lutheran Early Childhood Center (ALECC) and Summer Staycation had the opportunity to explore a 56-foot long blow-up Fin Whale at school on Thursday, July 21. ALECC is a science-based program offering students a hands-on approach to learning. “Standing next to a life-size Fin Whale and exploring the inside brought the learning experience to life for our preschoolers”, said ALECC Director, Pam Musburger.
The creator of the proportionally correct Fin Whale made of plastic painters drop cloth, Raleigh McLemore, is a retired science teacher, a resident of Oakland, CA, and a grandparent of a three-year-old student at Ascension. He has been using the whale to teach students about this massive mammal of the sea for over 17 years. McLemore’s hope is that, “seeing how beautiful the whales are will remind students of how we need to protect our oceans.”
ALECC is a certified Nature Explore school. “Our passion is to connect students to nature in meaningful, educational ways so they will become good stewards of their environment,” said Musburger, “it is our intention that by offering this hands-on experience it will lay a foundation for future learning opportunities about the ocean.”