Staycation is the flexible and fun summer solution for your children! They can enjoy enriching adventures, engaging activities and lasting friendships in the same safe and loving environment that you trust throughout the year. This year we are pleased to include enrichment activities including Science Madness, Summer Homesteading, Young Rembrandts’ Art Classes, TGA Premier Sports Class, Bounce Houses, Field Trips and more! Here are some important things to know about camp this year:
- Weekly themed camps will run June 12 – Aug 25
- Available for students incoming grades K -8 (including Ascension’s Seedlings program), and ALECC graduating 4’s
- Camp hours: 7:00 a.m.–6:00 p.m., Monday thru Friday
- Weekly Rate: $250, Daily Rate: $75, and Hourly: $10
- $45/child registration fee before April 14 and $60 after April 14—includes 2 t-shirts and a camp bag!
- Bring a packed lunch to camp each day (snacks will be provided)
- Campers need to wear closed toed shoes. No sandals, flip flops, slippers, etc.
- Sunscreen – each child must provide their own sunscreen with name written on container
- Campers attending Session #7 (July 24-28) will automatically be enrolled in Ascension’s Vacation Bible School!
- No camp on July 4
- Field trips on select days!
- We will have staff on campus to provide supervision and activities for those that will not go on field trips.
- Age Requirement – The camper must be going into 1st grade (or older) to attend field trips
- There is no additional cost for most field trips. (however, there is a $15 transportation fee per field trip)
- Permission slips and $15 transportation fees need to be turned in one week before the field trip in order to secure a seat for the field trip. Any child without a permission slip turned in will not be able to attend the field trip
- Campers must have a lunch packed with a water bottle for field trips
- Wear camp shirts on field trip days!
- The list of field trips will be finalized by May 26, 2017
Reserve your child’s spot in Summer Staycation today!
Updated June 1 – View a sample schedule of a fun-filled week at Summer Staycation! (activities subject to change)
- Welcome: June 12-16
- Star Wars: June 19-23
- H2O: June 26-30
- Ninja: July 3-7
- Sports: July 10-14
- Fairy Tale Crusade: July 17-21
- Vacation Bible School: July 24-28 (campers will automatically be enrolled in Ascension’s Vacation Bible School, “Makers Fun Factory”, which runs from 9:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m. each day. Staycation will be from 8-9 a.m. and 12-6 p.m.)
- H2O: July 31 – August 4
- Animal: August 7-11
- Disney: August 14-18
- H2O: August 21-25
Students at Ascension Lutheran Early Childhood Center (ALECC) and Summer Staycation had the opportunity to explore a 56-foot long blow-up Fin Whale at school on Thursday, July 21. ALECC is a science-based program offering students a hands-on approach to learning. “Standing next to a life-size Fin Whale and exploring the inside brought the learning experience to life for our preschoolers”, said ALECC Director, Pam Musburger.
The creator of the proportionally correct Fin Whale made of plastic painters drop cloth, Raleigh McLemore, is a retired science teacher, a resident of Oakland, CA, and a grandparent of a three-year-old student at Ascension. He has been using the whale to teach students about this massive mammal of the sea for over 17 years. McLemore’s hope is that, “seeing how beautiful the whales are will remind students of how we need to protect our oceans.”
ALECC is a certified Nature Explore school. “Our passion is to connect students to nature in meaningful, educational ways so they will become good stewards of their environment,” said Musburger, “it is our intention that by offering this hands-on experience it will lay a foundation for future learning opportunities about the ocean.”